We are looking for the perfect candidate, who is as passionate about sustainable design as we are, to join our Gruen Eco Design family.
This role is for someone who is committed to their long-term career and is also committed to see our young company grow with us and help us shape the build environment and design beautiful energy efficient and sustainable homes.
Take ownership of your projects and manage them from start to finish, ranging from small renovations and energy efficiency upgrades, extensions, new homes and town houses to certified passive homes.
Join our young, friendly and highly collaborate office culture that encourages work/life balance and supports training and personal development opportunities. We provide family friendly flexible working hours, working from home 1 day a week is possible. Part time can also be considered for the right candidate.
- Manage projects from start to finish
- strong background in design and documenting with a keen eye for detail along with a passion for sustainability and excellent design skills, able to find solutions that meet the client’s and regulatory authority’s requirements within the allocated time
- work in collaboration with our director
- allocate, mentor and check the work of team members
- Co-ordinate team members, skills and processes to improve workstreams and systems
- efficient and effective creation of accurate design and documentation for clients, consultants and builders
- ensuring all projects are delivered on time and budget
- good communicator
- organized, focused and able to prioritise
ABOUT GRUEN ECO DESIGN
Gruen Eco Design is a young, dynamic and award-winning design practice based in Melbourne’s Eastern Suburbs. Walking distance to Heathmont station with plenty of free parking available.
We are passionate about sustainable design; because we believe sustainable design can and must be affordable for everyone and should naturally be integrated throughout the whole design process, rather than designing something and trying to make it sustainable later.
We pride ourselves on providing a unique service in creating truly energy efficient and sustainable homes for future generations.
- Excellent REVIT skills (non-negotiable)
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 6 years experience as an architect or 10 years + for a building designer / drafts person
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in Australia
- Profound understanding of planning, design and documentation regulations and legislation in Victoria
- A sound depth of knowledge in residential design
- Experience in documenting construction drawings in REVIT
- Ability to manage both clients and consultants effectively
- Possess a demand for accuracy and getting the job done right, first time
- Proven skills in managing client relations and expectations
- Able to demonstrate negotiation and team management skills
- Well-developed leadership and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team, directing and inspiring fellow team members
- Experience with the passive house standard is a plus, but not required
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic, with a proactive and innovative approach to problem solving
As an experienced project architect, you will be initially responsible for the design development and documentation of your own projects. You will also co-ordinate, allocate, mentor and check the work of the other team members.
As a second step, you will commence taking on more and more of the director’s responsibilities, assuming the role as a team leader and senior architect.
You will participate in our vision in making life more sustainable one home at a time.
- Small enthusiastic team
- Great office facility with natural light
- All equipment, software and licenses needed
- Training internal and external provided
- Public exposure at seminars, talks and networking events
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours, full- or part-time
- Proximity to public transport and free parking
- Career progression opportunities
- Salary negotiable
If this opportunity sounds exciting, please send us your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you.